Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Unplanned arm workout

Back home again!
I've been in Sunny Portland, Oregon (Eureka! I hit the 2 weeks of summer jackpot! Funny, it rained in Miami the entire time I was gone. Good Karma?)

My running was limited but my training was intense. I hit the Portland hills just once in running shoes, for a short 30 minutes. It was all I had dreamed. Alas, no sitter for the rest of the trip.
But for 9 other days, I carried my 43" tall, 45 pound three year old for hours and hours and hours. I now have arms and shoulders of steel.

More to share later, but here's a nice child carrying trick I figured out: If your child falls asleep and you must carry him/her but your arms are dying....put your backpack on backwards over the child, it will hug him/her next to you and give your arms a break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the post + child carrying trick !!

I don't have any kids myself but am still amused by some of the info in the Mommy Blogs!

Hope carrying the 45 lb child leads to good weight loss!