Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Synchronized Swimming




So I'm back to swimming.  Done with weights (for now) and back to my second favorite pastime: swimming.  For a while there, I was in the pool 3 times a week swimming strong for an hour.  But that was pre-pregnancy.  Actually, that was pre-Austin.  Not since last August have I jumped into a pool strictly for laps.  And although my endurance has slipped, I'm comfortable going
back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for a little while.  Today, I swam 25 minutes, 5 x 200 meters with 1 minute breaks and treaded water for 5 minutes.

I suspect, I'll be in there a bunch as my baby grows.  

We'll be a team.  Our own little synchronized swimming team.  



*Awesome photo from John Carleton's Flickr account, from random google image search - sadly, it's not me.

No comments: